Australian Wool Quilt Underlay and Pillows, Baby Wool Quilts, Alpaca Quilt, Crown Wool Quilt
Alpaca fleece is highly valued for its softness and fineness. Its qualities for use in bedding is unmatched by any other fibre. We have taken a filling of 100% “Soft Gold™” Alpaca wool and masterfully encased it in our specially designed Luxor Cotton™ fabric to create a quilt that is at the very pinnacle of comfort, softness and warmth. This baby quilt offers the ultimate, first class bedding experience.
Filling : 100% Soft Gold Alpaca Fleece
Casing : 100% Luxor Cotton
What is Alpaca fleece (Alpaca fibre) for Alpaca Quilt?
Alpaca fleece is the natural fibre harvested from an alpaca. It is a soft, durable, luxurious and silky natural fibre. Alpaca fleece is similar to sheep’s wool, it is warmer, hypoallergenic because it does not has lanolin, and it is not prickly.
Alpaca fleece is made into various products, from very simple and inexpensive garments made by the indigenous communities to sophisticated, industrially made and expensive products such as suits.
Alpaca fibre structure?
Alpaca fibre is similar in structure to sheep wool fibre. Its softness comes from having a different smoother scale surface than sheep wool. Fibre diameter is a highly inherited trait in both alpaca and sheep. The difference in the individual fibre scales compared to sheep wool also creates the glossy shine which is prized in alpaca.
Alpaca fibres have a higher tensile strength than wool fibres. In processing, slivers lack fibre cohesion and single alpaca rovings lack strength. Blend these together and the durability is increased several times over.
The alpaca has a very fine and light fleece. It does not retain water, is a thermal insulator even when wet and can resist solar radiation effectively. These characteristics guarantee the animals a permanent and appropriate coat to protect against extreme changes of temperature. This fibre offers the same protection to humans.
What is our Alpaca Quilt material?
We have taken a filling of 100% “Soft Gold™” Alpaca wool and masterfully encased it in our specially designed Luxor Cotton™ fabric to create a quilt that is at the very pinnacle of comfort, softness and warmth. This quilt offers the ultimate, first class bedding experience.
100% Australian Alpaca Quilt!
Woolcomfort is a 100% Australian owned and operated business with the highest levels of production standards and quality control. All of our Alpaca Quilts and alpaca quilts are made in Australia.
Where are the Alpaca Quilts manufactured?
Our Alpaca Quilt factory is located in 193-197 cumberland hwy, Smithfield NSW 2164. Our Alpaca Quilts are manufactured in Sydney locally, supporting Australia local wool farmers.
What is the advantages of Alpaca Quilt?
Alpaca fleece is highly valued for its softness and fineness. Its qualities for use in bedding is unmatched by any other fibre.
- Hollow fiber, warmer for equal weight: It's simply the warmest all-weather friendly fiber. Alpaca fibers contain microscopic air pockets, providing great insulation and keeping you warm during the winter. These same air pockets allow for outstanding breathability, thus keeping you cool in the summer. A high-quality light sweater made from Alpaca wool can keep you warmer than most heavy jackets and more comfortable than many a cotton sweatshirt.
- Weight: Those same microscopic air pockets help to reduce the weight of Alpaca fibers, making Alpaca fabric almost as light as air.
- Stronger (per same fineness): Alpaca wool fibers are fine, lightweight and silky. Yet this luxury fiber has great strength and durability. With proper care, high quality Alpaca apparel can be an heirloom passed down through the generations
- Softer, less itchy and irritating to the skin.
- Naturally hypoallergenic - Alpaca is free from dander and lanolin which causes allergic skin reactions in some people.
- Alpaca will stay cleaner longer because it is lanolin-free and does not hold dust.
- Less shrinkage (washable)
- Resists acquired odors (odors dissipate overnight)
Read more on everything about Alpaca Quilt via this post: